Monday 7 May 2012

Those who abandon you, abandon me


Mohammad bin Saeed Al-Dehqan narrated from Mohammad bin Masoud, from Ahmad bin Isa Al-Alawi, from Husain from Abi Khalid and Zaid bin Ali, from his father (4th Imam), from Husain bin Ali, from the Commander of the Believers, who said: 

I (Imam Ali) went to the Prophet when he was in one of his houses.  I asked his permission to enter and he granted it. When I entered, the Prophet asked me, “O Ali!  Do you not know that my house is your house?  Why do you seek permission to enter?” 

I replied, “I like to do that.” 

The Prophet said:  You like what Allah likes and you use His manners.  

O Ali!  Do you not know that you are my brother, and my Creator did not want me to have a brother other than you?  O Ali!  You are my heir, and you will be oppressed and wronged after my death. 

O Ali!  Those who are devoted to following you are like those who live with me (in my place in Paradise), and those who abandon you, abandon me. O Ali!  Those who think that they love me but hate you, lie because Allah created me and you from the same light.

(Ref : Ghayatol Maram Page 18 Hadees no.114) 

No comments:

Post a Comment