Thursday 3 May 2012

The Love Of hazrat Ali (as)

Sahl bin Ahmad bin Abdillah narrated from Mohammad bin Jurair, from Hasan bin Ibrahim Al- Baghdadi, from Mohammad bin Ya’qoub Al-Imam, from Ahmad Ibn Yahya, from Abdul Rahman Al-Mahdi, from Ibn Abbas, who said:

A man came to the Prophet and asked him, “Will I benefit from the love of Ali bin Abi Taleb?” 

The Prophet replied, “I do not know until I ask Jibraeel.” 

So Jibraeel came to the Prophet immediately. The Prophet asked him (the above question). 

Jibraeel replied, “I do not know.  I have to ask Israfil.” 

So Jibraeel went up and asked Israfil, “Will the love for Ali benefit anyone?”  

Israfil replied, “I do not know until I speak to my Magnificent Lord.” Then Allah sent the following revelation to Israfil: 

Tell those angels trustworthy of My revelation to send My greetings to My love, Mohammad, and tell him that Allah sends His Salaam, and tells you that, ‘You are as close to Me as I want you to be.  And Ali and I are as close to you as you are to Me.  

And those who love Ali are as close to Me as Ali is to you.’

(Ref Ghayatol Maram Page 585 Hadees No. 76)

No comments:

Post a Comment