Monday 7 May 2012

The Commander of the Believers, the Master of Muslims


Sharif Abu Jaafar Mohammad bin Ahmad bin Mohammad bin Isa Al-Alawi narrated from Mohammad bin Ahmad Al-Kateb, from Hammad bin Mihran, from Abdul Adhim bin Abdillah Al-Hasani, from Mohammad bin Ali, from Mohammad bin Katheer, from Ismail bin Ziyad Al- Bazzaz, from Abi Edris, from Rafi’ slave of Ayesha, who said: 

I was a young boy serving Ayesha, and when the Prophet was with her, I used to serve them. 

One day, while the Prophet was sitting with Ayesha, someone knocked at the door.  I opened the door and it was a maid with a covered dish, so I went back and I told Ayesha. Ayesha told me to bring her in.  She came in and put the dish in front of Ayesha, and Ayesha put it in front of the Prophet.  So the Prophet started eating from the dish and the maid left.  

Then the Prophet said, “I wish the Commander of the Believers, the Master of Muslims, and the Imam of the pious was here eating with me.” Ayesha said, “To whom are you referring that has all of these titles?” 

The Prophet did not answer.  Then he repeated what he said. She (Ayesha) asked again, “To whom are you referring that has all of these titles?”  But the Prophet did not answer. 

Then someone knocked at the door and I opened it.  It was Ali bin Abi Taleb.  I went back and told the Prophet, and he said to bring him in. 

The Prophet said, “O Abal Hasan, welcome.  I wished for you twice.  When you did not come, I asked Allah to bring you for me.  So sit down and eat with me.” 

Then Ali sat down and ate with the Prophet. Then the Prophet said, “O Ali, may Allah fight those who fight you, and may Allah be the enemy of your enemies.” 

So Ayesha said, “Who will fight him and be his enemy?” The Prophet replied to her, “You and those with you.  You will accept fighting him and will not refuse it.” The Prophet repeated this twice. 

(Ref: Bihar Volume 38 Page 351 Hadees No.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment