Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Food From Paradise


The judge Abul Faraj Al-Moaafi bin Zakariyya narrated from Mohammad bin Ali bin Abdil Hamid bin Ziar bin Yahya Al-Qurashi, from Abdul Razzaq, from Sadaqa Al-‘Abasi, from Zathan, from Salaman Al-Mohammadi, who said: 

I went to the Prophet and said Salaam to him. Then I went to Fatema’s house and I said Salaam to her. 
She replied, “O Aba Abdillah (Salaman), Hasan and Husain are hungry, and they are crying.  Take their hands and take them to their grandfather.” 

So I carried them to the Prophet.  The Prophet asked, “O my two loves, what is wrong?” 

Hasan and Husain replied, “We are hungry, O Messenger of Allah.” Then the Prophet said three times, “O Allah, feed them.” 

Then I saw a quince in the Prophet’s hands that looked whiter than milk, sweeter than honey, and softer than butter.  The Prophet rubbed it with his thumb and cut it into two pieces. He gave half to Hasan and the other half to Husain.  So I was looking at the two halves in their hands and I desired it. 

The Prophet asked me, “O Salaman, do you want some?” I replied, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” 

The Prophet said “O Salaman, this food is from Paradise.  No one can eat it before completing the judgement process and being saved from Hell, even though you are on the right path.”105 

(Ref: Madinatol Ma’ajiz P216 H60. Bihar Al-Anwar V43 P308 H72. Al-Awalem V16 P62 H2. Khawarezmi in Maqtal Al-Husain 

V1 P97. )

No comments:

Post a Comment