Monday 21 May 2012

If everything that is good were to be a person


Al-Sharif Al-Naqib Abu Mohammad Al-Hasan bin Mohammad Al-Alawy Al-Hussayni narrated from Mohammad bin Zakariyya, from Abbas bin Bakkar, from Abu Bakr Al-Hozali, from ‘Ikrama, from Ibn Abbas, who said: 

The Messenger of Allah said to Abdul Rahman bin Awf: 

O Abdul Rahman!  You people are my companions, but Ali bin Abi Taleb is from me and I am from him.  

So those who compare him to anyone are unjust to me.  Those who are unjust to me, hurt me.  Allah’s curse is on those who hurt me. 

O Abdul Rahman!  Allah sent His book to me and ordered me to teach it to all people, except Ali bin Abi Taleb, because he does not need to be taught.  Allah made Ali’s …eloquence as my eloquence, and Ali’s knowledge as my knowledge. 

If patience was a person, it would be Ali bin Abi Taleb; and if moral excellence was a person it would be Hasan; and if modesty was a person it would be Husain; and if everything that is good were to be a person it would be Fatema, and she is even better than that. 

The origin of my daughter, Fatema, is greater than any other inhabitant on earth, as is her honour and her generosity. 

(Ref:Ghayatol Maram P512 H20)

No comments:

Post a Comment