Friday 8 June 2012

What The Holy Prophet (sa.w.w.) taught

Sadouq narrated from Mohammad bin Omar Al-Jo’aabi Al-Hafez Al-Baghdadi, from Abu Abdillah Mohammad bin Ahmad bin Thabet bin Konanah, from Mohammad bin Hasan bin Abbas Al-Khozaa’ee, from Hasan bin Husain Al-Arani, from Amr bin Thabet, from Ataa’ bin Sayeb, from IbnYahya, from Ibn Abbas, who said:


The Messenger of Allah (s.w.t.) went on top of a MINBAR (pulpit) and gave a speech in which he said:

O Believers! Allah(s.w.t.) revealed to me that my death is approaching soon and my cousin, Ali, will be murdered.

O people! I will teach you something today. If you follow it you will survive, and if you do not, you will perish.

My cousin, Ali, is my brother and my minister.He is my caliph and he is the informer on my behalf.He is the Imam of the pious and the leader of the believers.

If you seek guidance from him, he will guide you. And if you follow him, you will survive. If you disobey him, you will be lost.

If you follow him, you have followed Allah (s.w.t.). If you disobey him, you have disobeyed Allah (s.w.t.).If you pay allegiance to him, you have paid allegiance to Allah (s.w.t.)

And if you break his allegiance, you have broken your allegiance with Allah (s.w.t.)Allah(s.w.t.) sent the Qur’an to me, and those who go against it are lost. 

Those who look for knowledge of the Qur’an anywhere other than with Ali will perish. O people! Listen to me and pay attention to the truth of my advice!

Do not disobey me in the matter of my family except about those whom you are ordered! (Referring to some disbelievers like some of the uncles of the Prophets or some of his wives).

Those who protect them (the family of the Prophets), protect me. My family are my guardians, my relatives, my brothers, and my children.

Beware that you will be gathered and asked about the two weights that I left behind. So pay attention to how you treat them after me.

They are my family. Those who hurt them, hurt me. Those who are unjust to them are unjust to me, and those who humiliate them humiliate me. 

Those who respect them respect me, and those who honour them honour me. Those who help them help me, and those who fail them fail me.

Those who seek guidance anywhere else have called me a liar.

O people! Fear Allah(s.w.t.)  and think about how you will respond to me when you meet me on the Day of Judgement because I am the enemy of those who hurt my family.

I say these words and I seek forgiveness for myself and for you. 

(Ref :Amaali of Sadouq 62; Refer to Footnote Number 142)

No comments:

Post a Comment