Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Distributor Of Paradise and Hell


Hadith Number 36
The chief scholar Abu Mohammad Hasan bin Husain bin Babeweyh narrated from his uncle Mohammad bin Hasan, from his father Hasan bin Husain, from his uncle Abu Jaafar Mohammad bin Ali bin Husain, from his father, from Saad bin Abdullah, from Ahmad bin Mohammad bin Yahya, from Abbas bin Maaroof, from Abu Hafs Al-Abdi, from AbiHarun Al-Abdi, from AbiSaeed Al-Khordri, who said:

The Messenger of Allah (s.w.t.) said, “When you want to ask Allah (s.w.t.) for your needs ask him through the medium.”

So I (AbiSaeed Al Khodri) asked, “What is the medium?” The Prophet (s.a.w.w.) replied:

The medium is my ladder. It is in Paradise and it has one thousand stairs. The distance between each stair is the distance that a Persian horse will run in one month. The stairs are made of diamonds, aquamarines, corundum, silver, and gold.

On the Day of Judgement, it will be brought and placed in the middle of the ladders of other prophets, and compared to their ladders; my ladder will be like the moon shining amongst the stars.

So there will not be any prophet, truthful being, or martyr that does not say, “Blessed is the owner of this ladder.”

Then Allah will call with a voice that all of His prophets and all of the creation will hear, “This is the ladder of Mohammad.(s.a.w.w.)”

Then I will come with an ABA (gown) of light on my shoulders and I will have the crown of kingdom and dignity on my head. Ali bin Abi Taleb (as)  will be walking in front of me and he will be carrying my flag, the flag of praise which has the following written on it: ‘There is no god but Allah (s.w.t.) and those who achieve salvation are those with whom Allah (s.w.t.)  is pleased.’

When we (the Prophets and Imam Ali (a.s.)) will pass by prophets, they will say, “These two are high-ranked angels whom we do not know and whom we have never seen before.”

And when we will pass by the angels, they will say, “These two are two prophets.” I will reach the ladder and start climbing it, and Ali (as) will be following me. When we get to the top, I will sit on the highest stair and Ali (as) will sit on the next stair below.

There will not be any prophet, truthful one, or martyr who does not say. “Blessed are these two slaves. Look at how honourable they are in Allah’s (s.w.t.) eyes.”

Then Allah will call with a voice that all of the prophets, truthful ones, martyr, and believers will hear, “This is My love, Mohammad (s.a.w.w.) , and that is My WALI, Ali (as). Blessed are those who loved him (Ali bin AbiTaleb (a.s.)) and woe unto those who hated him and lied about him.”

After hearing this, there will not remain anyone who loved Ali bin Abi Taleb who (as) will not feel relieved and safe, and their faces will shine brightly. And there will not remain anyone who hated Ali (as), fought Ali (as) , or ignored his rights who will not be scared. (Rather, they will) be trembling with fear and their faces will become dark.

Then two angels will approach me: Rizwan, the keeper of Paradise, and Malik, the keeper of Hell.

Rizwan will say, “ASSALAAMO ALAIKA YA AHMAD!”

And I will reply, “WA AALAIKA ASSALAAM. Which angel are you? And how beautiful you look and how good you smell!”

He will reply, “I am Rizwan, the keeper of Paradise, and these are the keys of Paradise. Allah (s.w.t.)  sends them to you. So take them, O Ahmad!”

I will tell him, “I have accepted this from Allah (s.w.t.) . Praise be to Allah (s.w.t.) who has honored me with this. Give the keys to my brother, Ali bin Abi Taleb (as).”

Then Malik will come forward and say, “ASSALAAMO ALAIKA YA AHMAD!”

And I will reply, “WA AALAIKA ASSALAAM. Which angel are you? How ugly you look and how scary is your face!”

He will reply, “I am Malik, the keeper of Hell. These are the keys of Hell. Allah (s.w.t.)  sends them to you. So take them, O Ahmad!”

I will tell him, “I have accepted this from Allah (s.w.t.) . Praise be to Allah (s.w.t.)  who has honored me with this. Give the keys to my brother, Ali bin Abi Taleb (as).”

Then Ali bin Abi Taleb (as)  will move with the keys in his hand until he stands on top of Hell. The blazes of fire will be flying, the flames will be extremely high, and the heat will be maximized. Ali (as)  will be holding Hell’s bridle.

Hell will say to Ali (as), “Be easy on me because your light is turning off my flames.”

Ali (as)will reply, “Rest assured, O JAHANNAM (Hell)!”

Then Ali (as) will say, “Take this and leave that alone. Take him – heis my enemy, and leave him – he is my friend.”

Hell will be obeying Ali (as) more (obediently) than any slave obeying his master. If he wants, Ali  (as) will move Hell right or left. On that day, Hell will be obeying Ali (as) more than anyone else ever obeyed Ali (as) . 

(Ref :Amaali of Sadouq 102)

No comments:

Post a Comment