Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Well Of Um Ibrahim


Hadith Number 35

The chief scholar Abu Mohammad Hasan bin Husain bin Babeweyh narrated from his uncle Mohammad bin Hasan, from his father Hasan bin Husain, from his uncle Abu Jaafar Mohammad bin Ali bin Husain, from his father, from Ahmad bin Edris, from Yaqoub bin Yazid, from Mohammad bin AbiUmair, from Mohammad Al-Qebti, from Jaafar bin Mohammad (a.s.), who said:

People ignored what the Prophets said about Ali bin AbiTaleb (a.s.) on the day of the “well of Um Ibrahim,” just like they ignored what he said on the Day of Ghadeer.

The Prophets was sitting by the well of Um Ibrahim and his companions were sitting around him when they saw Ali bin AbiTaleb (a.s.) coming toward them.

No one made room for him to sit, so the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said:

O people! He is from my family and you disrespect him while I am still alive?!

I swear to Allah that even though I will leave you one day, Allah(s.w.t.) is never absent!

Bliss, happiness, and the best of tidings are for those who follow Ali (as) as their Imam and submit to him and to his heirs from his sons. I will surely intercede on their behalf because they are my followers. And those who follow me are from me. 

My intercession is a tradition that applied at the time of Ibrahim, and I am from Ibrahim and he is from me. My virtues are his virtues just as his virtues are my virtues, but my status is higher than Ibrahim’s status as my Lord says, “Offspring, one from the other; and Allah is hearing, knowing” (3:34). 

(Ref : Amaali of Sadouq 98)

No comments:

Post a Comment