Wednesday 4 April 2012

Ten traits of Ali (AS)


He said: Abul Hasan Ali b. Muhammad al-Katib reported to me from al-Hasan b. Ali al-Za'farani, who reported from Ibrahim b. Muhammad al-Thaqafi, who reported from Uthman b. Abi Shaibah from Amru b. Maymoon, from Ja'far b. Muhammad from his father, from his grandfather, peace be upon them, that:

Amirul Mo'mineen Ali b. Abi Talib, peace be upon him, once said from the pulpit of Kufa: "O people, the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, has awarded me ten traits; and they are dearer to me than anything upon which the sun shines." He said to me:

Ali, you are my brother in this world and in the next;


And on the Day of Judgement, when we stand before the Almighty, you will be nearest of all to me;


Your abode in Paradise will be facing mine, the way brothers in faith live, with their houses facing each other;


You are my heir;


You are my executor after me, to fulfil my promises and my affairs;


And in my absence, you are the guardian of my family, on my behalf;


You are the Imam of my Ummah;


You are the one to uphold justice among my subjects;


You are my beloved one; and Allah loves who I love;


Your foe is my foe and my foe is the foe of Allah.

(Ref: Al Amali Shakih Mufeed The Twenty Second Assembly Hadees No. 4 )



No comments:

Post a Comment