Tuesday 17 April 2012

Ali (AS) praises his partisans


He said: Abu Bakr Muhammad b. Umar al-Je'abi reported to me from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Saeed, who reported from Abu Awanah, Musa b. Yusuf al-Qattan, who reported from Ahmad b. Yahya al-Awadi, who reported from Ismail b. Aban, who reported from Ali b. Hashim b. al-Bareed, from his father, from Abd al-Razzaq b. Qais al-Rahbi, who said:

I was sitting with Ali b. Abi Talib, peace be upon him, near the gate of the palace, till sunlight forced him to seek shelter near the palace wall. So he hastened to enter, but a man from Hamdan stood up and clung to his clothes, saying: "O Amirul Mo'mineen, narrate to me a comprehensive tradition by which Allah may benefit me." He said: "Are there not enough traditions?"

He said: "Yes, but narrate to me a comprehensive one which would benefit me." He said: "My friend, Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, narrated to me that, I shall arrive at the Pool with my Shias, with our thirsts already quenched. Their faces will be bright.

And our enemies will arrive there suffering from thirst, with their faces darkened. Take this brief one from a long list. (Remember) you are with the one you love, and for you is what you have acquired. Release me, O brother from Hamdan." Then he entered the palace.

(Ref Al-Amali Shaikh Mufeed The Fortieth Assembly Hadees No.4)

No comments:

Post a Comment