Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Signs of Paradise and Hell


He said: Abu Bakr Muhammad b. Umar al-Je'abi reported to me from Muhammad b. Muhammad b. Sulaiman al-Baghandi, who reported from Harun b. Hatim, who reported from Ismail b. Tawbah, who reported from Mas'ab b. Sallam, from Abu Ishaq, from Rabee'ah al-Sa'd, who said:

I came to Hudhaifah b. al-Yaman, may Allah have mercy on him, and requested him to relate to me what he heard from the Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, or what he saw him do, so that I may follow it.

He said: "Remain with the Qur'an." I said: "I have read the Qur'an, I have come to you to know of what I have neither seen or heard. O Allah! I make you my witness on Hudhaifah, that I have come to him so that he may narrate to me what I have not seen nor heard about the Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, but he is refusing me, and hiding it from me."

Hudhaifah said: "O brother, you are pressing me hard." Then he said: "Take this short one from a long list, which contains all, that matters to you. The sign of Paradise for this Ummah is (personified in) the Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, (though) he ate food (like us) and strolled in the markets."

Then I said to him: "Guide me to the sign of Paradise (now) so that I may follow it, and show me the sign of hell, so that I may guard myself against it."

He said: "By Him Who controls my soul, the sign of Paradise and its true guides till the Day of Resurrection are the true Imams from the descendents of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his progeny. And the sign of hellfire and the leaders unto unbelief and hell, up to the Day of Resurrection, are other than them.

(Ref : Al Amali Shaikh Mufeed The Thirty Ninth Assembly Hadees No.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment