Wednesday 24 October 2012

O Um Salamah! Listen and be my witness

W.P.S: Mohammad bin Husain bin Walid, from Mohammad bin Abi Qasem Majilweyh, from Mohammad bin Ali Al-Sairafi, from Mohammad bin Sanan, from Mofazz’al bin Amr, from Jaafar bin Mohammad Al-Sadiq, from his father, from his grandfather Imam Husain bin Ali (a.s.), who said:
Um Salamah (sa) , one of the wives of the Prophet (s.a.w.w.) , heard that one of her servants hated Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) and insulted him. So she sent for him. When this servant came, Um Salamah said, “I have heard that you hate Ali (a.s.) and you insult him. Is this true?”

He replied, “Yes.”

She got angry and said:

Sit down! May your mother weep on you! Let me tell you a Hadith that I heard from the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.), and then decide for yourself:

The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) had nine wives and he would spend a day with each one. So one day, when it was my turn, I went to his house and knocked on the door. I asked the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) for permission to enter but he refused. So I was very disappointed and worried. I thought that maybe he was angry with me or maybe he had received something against me from above.

After a while, I came back to the door and asked for permission to enter but he refused again. So I felt even worse than the first time. Then I waited a little longer and knocked on the door, asking for permission to enter again. This time the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) granted me permission to enter.

When I entered, I saw Ali (a.s.) sitting in front of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) and Ali (a.s.) was saying, “May I sacrifice my father and mother for you, O Messenger of Allah (s.w.t.) ! When that which you told me happens, what do you order me to do?”

The Prophets replied, “I order you to be patient.” (This refers to the incident of Saqlfah.)

Ali (a.s.) asked again, and the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) replied, “Be patient.”
(This refers to the murder of the Master of the Women of All of the Worlds, Fatema  (s.a.),daughter of the Prophet.)

When asked for the third time, the Prophets (s.a.w.w.)  replied, “O Ali (a.s.) ! O my brother! When they do it, uncover your sword and keep it on your shoulder and then proceed with killing them until you meet me while your sword is dripping from their blood.”

(This refers to those who rose against the Commander of the Believers (a.s.) during his time as the governor.)

Then the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) looked at me and said, “Why do you look so sad?” I (Um Salamah) replied, “Because you did not grant me permission to enter.” The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said:

It was not because there is anything against you. Allah (s.w.t.)  and His Messenger  (s.a.w.w.) are satisfied with you. But when you knocked, Jibraeel (a) was to my right and Ali (a.s.)  was to my left, and Jibraeel was telling me about the events that will ensue after me (my death), and he told me to tell Ali (a.s.)  about them.

O Um Salamah! Listen and be my witness: testify that Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) is my brother in this world and he is my brother in the Hereafter.

O Um Salamah! Listen and be my witness: testify that Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) is my minister in this world and he is my minister in the Hereafter.

O Um Salamah! Listen and be my witness: testify that Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) is my flag bearer in this world and he is my flag bearer in the Hereafter.

O Um Salamah! Listen and be my witness: testify that Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) is my successor and my caliph after me, that he fulfills my promises, and that he is the protector of my Pool.

O Um Salamah! Listen and be my witness: testify that Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) is the master of Muslims, the Imam of the pious, the leader of the believers, and he is the killer of the disloyal ones, the perfidious, and the apostates.

So I (Um Salamah) asked, “Who are the disloyal ones?”

The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) replied, “Those who pay allegiance to Ali in Medina and deny it in Basra.” (T’alha and Zubalr were the chiefs of the army led by Ayesha, daughter of Abu Bakr, in the Battle of Jamal.)

I (Um Salamah) asked, “Who are the perfidious?”

The Prophets (s.a.w.w.)  replied, “Muawiya and his people from Shaam.”

I (Um Salamah) asked, “Who are the apostates?” The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) replied, “The people of Nahrawan.”

(People of Nahrawan: those who after the Battle of Siffeen broke their allegiance with the Commander of the Believers (a.s.) and called him a disbeliever. After forcing him lo stop the battle and seek intermediary assistance, they blamed him for listening to them. Ahdul Rahman bin Muljam - may Allah’s curse be on him - the killer of the Commander of the Believers (a.s.), was among them.)

Then the servant of Um Salamah said, “You saved me. May Allah (s.w.t.) save you. I will never insult Ali (a.s.) again.”

(Amaali of Sadouq 312. Amaali of Tousi 2:39.)

No comments:

Post a Comment