Saturday 1 June 2013

Rasheed Al-Mobtala

The knowledgeable scholar Abu Ali Hasan bin AbiJaafar Al-Tousi narrated from his blessed father Abu Jaafar Mohammad bin Hasan Al-Tousi, from the scholar Abu Abdillah Mohammad bin Mohammad bin No’man, from Abu Bakr Mohammad bin Omar Al-Jo’aabi, from Abul Abbas Ahmad bin Mohammad bin Saeed, from Mohamamd bin Yusuf bin Ibrahim, Al- Wardaani, from his father, from Wuhaib bin Hafs, from AbiHasan Al-Ejli, who said:

I met Amatullah bint Rasheed and I asked her to tell me about some of the things that she had heard from her father, Rasheed Al-Hejri. So she narrated what her father told her:

My Love, the Commander of the Believers (A.s.), asked me (Rasheed AI-Hejri), “How patient will you be when the illegitimate child of Bani Ummaya captures you and cuts your tongue, hands, and legs?”
I replied, “O Commander of the Believers (A.s.) , will I end up in Paradise?”

The Commander of the Believers (A.s.) replied, “Yes Rasheed! You are with me in this life and in the Hereafter.”

Then Rasheed Al-Hejri’s daughter narrated that after some time, Ubaidullah bin Ziyad, may Allah (S.w.t.)’s curse be on him and on his father, sent for my father and ordered him to insult and curse the Commander of the Believers, Ali bin Abi Taleb (A.s.), but my father refused.
Ubaidullah bin Ziyad asked my father, “What kind of death did your friend, (the Commander of the Believers (A.s.)), predict for you?”

He replied, “My love told me that you would ask me to insult him but I would not. Then you would cut my tongue, hands, and legs.”

Ubaidullah replied, “I will make sure that he was wrong.”

Then Ubaidullah ordered his people to cut my father’s hands and legs but to leave his tongue, after which they brought him home.

So I asked my father, “Do you feel any pain?”

He replied, “I swear to Allah (S.w.t.) that I do not feel any pain.”

Then our relatives and neighbours came to offer their sympathies.

My father said to them, “Bring a pen and a piece of paper so I can tell you about some of the things that my master, the Commander of the Believers (A.s.), taught me.”

Then my father started telling them about the future and some of the disasters that would take place in the future, sourcing everything from the Commander of the Believers (A.s.).

Ubaidullah bin Ziyad, may Allah (S.w.t.)’s curse be on him, heard about this. So he sent Hajjam to cut my father’s tongue, and he died the same night.

The Commander of the Believers (A.s.) used to call my father Rasheed Al-Mobtala (the afflicted), and he taught my father the knowledge of “afflictions in the future” So my father would meet someone and tell him how he would die, and the person would die exactly as my father had told him he would.


(Ref: Amaali of Tousi 1:167. Bihar Al-Anwar 42:121)

No comments:

Post a Comment