Saturday 1 June 2013

More Merciful To Him Than He Is To Himself

Saad bin Tareef, from Asbagh bin Nobatah, who said:

I was praying in Ruku’ by the door of the Commander of the Believers (A.s.). The Commander of the Believers (A.s.) came out and said, “O Asbagh!”

“LABBAYK,” I replied.

“What were you doing?” he asked.

“I was praying in Ruku’,” I replied.

“Do you want me to teach you a DU’A (invocation to Allah (S.w.t.) ) that the Messenger of Allah S.a.w.w.) taught me?” he asked.

“Yes,” I replied.

He said, “Say ‘ALHAMDU LILLAH ALA MA KAN WALHAMDU LILLAH ALA KOLLE HAL’ (Praise be to Allah for everything that has happened and praise be to Allah in every state).

Then he put his right hand on my left shoulder and said, “O Asbagh! If one stays steady on our path, completes his faith in our Wilayat, and is generous to others, Allah (S.w.t.) will be more merciful to him than he is to himself.”

(Ref :Bihar Al-Anwar 95:361. Amaali of Tousi 1:176)


No comments:

Post a Comment