Saturday 23 February 2013

The Strongest Handhold



The guardian scholar Abi Abdillah Mohammad bin Ahmad bin Shahryar Al-Khazen narrated from Abu Abdillah Husain bin Ahmad bin Jiraan, from Abu Abdillah Ahmad bin Isa Al-Saadi, from Abu Abdillah Ahmad bin Mohammad Al-Basri, from Abu Taleb Abdullah bin Faz?l Al-Maleky, from Abdul Rahman Al-Azdi, from Abdul Wahid bin Zaid. who said:

I went to Makkah and while I was in the middle of my TAWAF (walking around the Kaaba), I saw two maids talking to each other and saying, “I swear to the chosen successor, the just judge, the one with pure intentions, and the husband of the pleasant Fatema (a.s.) that it was not like this....”

So I asked the maid, “To whom are you referring with these descriptions?”

She replied, “I swear to Allah  (swt) that I am talking about the flag of the scholars, the door of judgement, the divider between Paradise and Hell, the pious of the nation, the master of creation, the Prophet (s.a.w.a.)?s brother, his heir, and his successor on his nation. I mean my master, the Commander of the Believers, Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.).”

So I asked the maid, “What has he done for you to describe him in this way?”

She said:
My father was one of Ali?s (as) followers and he was killed in the Battle of Siffeen. One day Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.) came to our house, and my brother and I were blind so when he saw us, he sighed and read this poem:

I have never sighed for anything as much as for children. Their father was killed, and he was once responsible for them in difficult times, at times of travel, and at all times. Then he held us close to himself and put his blessed hand over our eyes and said something.

When he removed his hand, our eyesight returned, and now I can see a camel from kilometers away. This is because of Ali?s (as) blessings, Allah?s (swt) blessings be on him. So I took two gold coins out of my pocket and tried to give it to the maid.

However, she smiled and said, “Stop! The best from the past (the Commander of the Believers (a.s.)) has assigned the best from those who remain to be responsible for us. Today we live with the blessings of Abi Mohammad Al-Hasan bin Ali (a.s.).”

Then she asked me, “Do you love Ali bin Abi Taleb (a.s.)?” I replied, “Yes.”

She said, “Then be happy because you have held the strongest hand hold which will not break off” (2:256).

Then she left reciting the following poem:
Allah?s (swt) blessings are on those who have the love of Ali (a.s.) in their heart. If one of their legs starts to shake off the right path, the other leg will keep them steady. Nothing would please me except being from the Shia of Ali (as) even if I had the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment