Monday 11 February 2013

People Are Our Slaves In Following Us


The knowledgeable scholar Abu Ali Hasan bin Abi Jaafar Al-Tousi narrated from his blessed father Abu Jaafar Mohammad bin Hasan Al-Tousi, from the scholar Abu Abdillah Mohammad bin Mohammad bin No?man, from the honourable Abu Mohammad Hasan bin Hamza Al- Tabari Al-Husaini, from Mohammad bin Abdullah bin Jaafar Al- Hemyari, from his father, from Ahmad bin Mohammad bin Isa, from Marwan bin Abi Ubaid Al-Kufi, from Mohammad bin Zaid Al-Tabari, who said:

I was with Ali bin Musa Al-Redha (a.s.) in Khorasan and a group from the Bani Hashim, including Is?haaq bin Abbas bin Musa, were sitting around him. 

Imam Al-Redha (a.s.) said to Is?haaq:
Ishaaq! I was informed that you have told people that we say that people are our slaves. I swear on my relationship with the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) that I have never made such a statement, and that I have never heard it from any of my fathers, and I have not heard this from anyone else who narrates from my fathers.

What we say is, “People are our slaves in obeying us, that is, following us in their religious affairs.” Those present should inform the others.

(Ref : Amaali of Tousi 1:21. Amaali ol Mufld 253 )

No comments:

Post a Comment