Friday 30 March 2012

The Prophet's prayers for his descendants


He said: Abu Bakr Muhammad b. Umar al-Je'abi reported to me from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Ziyad, who reported from al-Hasan b. Ali b. Affan, from Yazid b. Harun, from Hamid, from Jabir b. Abdillah al-Ansari who said:

Once, the Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, came upon us holding the hands of al-Hasan and al-Husain, peace be upon them and said: "These are my two sons, who I have brought up from infancy and for whom I have prayed to Allah as they grew up.

 I prayed for them for three things, out of which He granted two and restrained one. I beseeched Allah to keep them pure and cleansed from all evil and make them chaste. Allah granted my prayer. And I prayed that they and their progeny be guarded together with their followers, from the hellfire. Allah granted my prayer. 

And I asked Allah that the Ummah be united in their love for them." He said: "O Muhammad! I have decreed and I have determined. A group from among your Ummah will remain faithful to the covenant you have made with the Jews, the Christians and the Magians and will break your covenant regarding your descendants.

 And I have so decreed that, whoever does that, shall not have a place at My honoured station, nor will I allow him to enter My Paradise, nor shall I have an eye of mercy upon him on the Day of Judgement."

(Al-Amali Shaikh Mufeed: The Eighth Assembly: Hadees No 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment