Thursday 29 March 2012

Five Prostrations for glad tidings


He said: Abul Qasim Ja'far b. Muhammad b. Qawlawayh (may Allah bless him with  mercy) reported to me from al-Husain b. Muhammad b. Amir, from Ahmad b. Alawiyyah, from Ibrahim b. Muhammad al-Thaqafi, who reported from Tawabah b. al- Khaleel, who reported from Uthman b. Isa who reported from Abu Abdil Rehman, who reported from Ja'far b. Muhammad (A.S.) that:

Once when the Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, was travelling, he dismounted and then performed five prostrations (Sijdah). When he mounted again, one of his companions said: "We saw you do something, O messenger of Allah, which you never did before." 

He said: "Yes, Jibraeel came to me and gave me glad news that Ali belongs in Paradise. So I went into prostration to thank Allah. 

When I raised my head, he said: 'Fatimah belongs in Paradise.' I went to prostrate again to thank Allah. 

And when I raised my head, he said: 'al-Hasan and al-Husain are the masters of the youths of Paradise.' So I prostrated to thank Allah. 

And when I raised my head, he said: 'And those who love them belong in Paradise.' So I prostrated to thank Allah. 

And when I raised my head, he said: 'And those who love the people who love them (Ahlul Bait) belong in Paradise.' (So I prostrated to thank Allah)."

(Ref : Al-Aamali Shaikh Mufeed : The Third Assembly : Hadees No.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment