Thursday 29 March 2012

Knowledge of the unseen


He said: I have been informed by al-Husain b. Ahmad b. al-Mughairah, who reported from Abu Muhammad Haider b. Muhammad al-Samarqandi, who reported from Abu Amru Muhammad b. Amru al-Kashi, who reported from Hamdawayh b. Naseer, who reported from Ya'qoob b. Yazeed, who reported from Ibn Abi Umayr, who reported from Ibn al-Mughairah who said:

Yahya b. Abdullah b. al-Hasan and I were with Abul Hasan, peace be upon him, and Yahya asked him: "May I be your ransom, they think that you have the knowledge of the unseen (Ilmul Ghaib)." He said: "Glory be to Allah! Place your hand over my head." When I did that, every hair in my head and on my body stood on its end. Then he said: "No, By Allah, it is nothing but what we have inherited from the Prophet
(peace be upon him and his progeny)."

(Ref : Al- Amali Shaikh Mufeed : The Third Assembly : Hadees No 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment