Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Commander of the Believers


W.P.S: Jaafar bin Mohammad bin Masrur, from Husain bin Mohammad bin Aamer, from his uncle Abdullah bin Aamer, from IbnAbiUmair, from Hamza bin Hamraan, from his father, from AbiHamza, from Ali bin Husain, from his father (Imam Husain), from the Commander of the Believers (a.s.) who said:

A man came to me and said, “OAbal-Hasan! You are called the Commander of the Believers. Who appointed you as the Commander of the Believers?”

I replied, “Allah appointed me as their Commander.”

So the man went to the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) and asked, “Ali says that Allah appointed him as the Commander of the Believers. Is this true?”

The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) responded angrily:

Ali is the Commander of the Believers by the order of Allah which is kept on top of the Throne.

Allah made the angels testify that Ali is Allah’s Caliph, His decisive argument, the Imam of Muslims and that obeying him is equal to obeying Allah, and disobeying him is equal to disobeying Allah.

Those who ignore him ignore me, and those who acknowledge him acknowledge me.Those who deny his Imamate, deny my prophethood. And those who deny his command, deny my message. And those who do not accept his virtues, reduce my virtues.

Those who fight him fight me, and those who curse him curse me because he is from me. He was created from my clay. 

He is the husband of my daughter, Fatema, and he is the father of my sons, Hasan and Husain.

Me, Ali, Fatema, Hasan, Husain, and the nine sons of Husain are Allah’s decisive arguments on His creation. Our enemies are the enemies of Allah, and our friends are the friends of Allah.

(Amaali of Sadouq, 114)

No comments:

Post a Comment